Monday, January 18, 2010

Night by Elie Wiesel


Title: Night
Author: Elie Wiesel
Genre: Autobiography
ISBN:0-553-27253-5
Publisher: Bantam Books
Pages: 109
Rating: ★★★★★
started: Jan. 10th, 2010
finished: Jan. 17th, 2010

This is a memoir of Elie Wiesel, when he was 14 years old, his experience of the concentration camp how he survived the days, his wavering faith and loosing faith, his connection to his father, and the morales of people told through his eyes.

 I like reading books concerning the German occupation period. It always amazes me how people back then had such strength and hope, even though they were in an unbelievably devastating situation. Personally, if I had to live through that period I don't think I would have survived. Even the choice of death, I don't think I'm brave enough to make that choice. Though it is a dark part of our history, I believe that through those stories we learn and are able to become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment