I can't remember how many books I've read and what I read and I wasn't really keeping track either.
Though this year... 2010 is going to be different.. I think it's high time I pulled myself together..
I thought I did but I guess I didn't. 2008 was the year I got to find out my dad had severe cancer.. 2009 is when he passed away... it has been rough but I know I'll be okay.. and I know he's in a better place..
I recently took a trip alone to the Philippines, to Boracay.. and it was my first trip alone and my very first trip to just relax.. no touring just sitting or lying on the beach reading.. or not.. and I think it did me good. I did get to have me-time and had time to think and not think ;) to think of the past and reflect myself and think of the future and which road I may choose.. though I did learn through time that making plans is not always the best thing to do.. but you do need a road map that will guide you along..
so here's my 2010 resolution.
1. Be Me : yes, it's very vague but it totally explains everything at the same time.. I think I was too busy working, too busy worrying and didn't really have time to take care of myself. So, this year is going to be all about being me. I'm going to be a little bit selfish and take care of myself better and try to express more and share the burden and not take it up all upon my shoulders. And hopefully, result in being HAPPY and HEALTHY and being ME.
2. READ & WRITE : Reading and writing is something that I LOVE to do and it has been ever since I was little. Always carrying a book where ever I go and keeping a journal.. that was me.. but when things started to get rough and busy I think I let go of that part.. which I regret, but regretting is not the solution so I'm going to move and get back on the track this year. Reading 50 books this year is my goal but I do have high hopes for more than that and writing reviews on all of them!!!
3. Learn SALSA : This has been on my mind for a long time.. learning not just salsa but dancing.. I learned ballet as a kid and loved dancing ever since.. so I'm going to try to learn salsa this year.
4. Keeping HEALTHY : I managed to loose 17kg last year, I thought I'd never manage but I did and am very proud of myself. I hope to loose 5~8kg more this year and keep it that way.
5. SAVE up : there are things that I've been wanting to do.. especially go back to school so I hope to save up as much as possible at least $10,000 at the end of this year.
I hope there will be a lot of exciting and new changes this year for me and everyone I love!