Monday, May 17, 2010

May 16 Meeting!

Book meeting + Book Fair = very fruitful & prductive meeting :D

So, we had our meeting on 'The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo'. My summary is that most of our members did not like the book and couldn't figure out why it got to be so popular in the first place.

There were some details we thought would have been better left out and some that should have been more elaborated..

All and all, the meeting was good, the company was lovely, the food excellent(not so much with the service, though), and the Seoul Book Fair something we'd (or I'd love to go back to next year)

I was afraid we wouldn't find a place where they sold books but luckily we did and there,
our next two book selections were picked: My Life in France by Julia Child and Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffennegger (author of 'The Time Traveler's Wife).

'Her Fearful Symmetry' I'll be ordering so I need to know how many copies to order.

Something that we didn't get to talk about is where our next meeting will be taken place. My suggestion was the Anyang Public Art Project park, it is near either Anyang station or Gwanak station (both on line#1). Shanna suggested Dos Tacos.
If you have any other suggestions please let me know and we'll make a choice by the end of the week or so.






No comments:

Post a Comment