Wednesday, March 31, 2010

past meetings...

2nd meeting of 2010 : January - The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maughan
Unfortunately, thre weren't that many members present at this meeting it was just Bernadette, Shanna, and me with Berndette's and Shanna's boyfriend. We didn't get to talk about the book because I was the only one who had read it... but we did have another meeting on Feb. 13th at Pasha with more members and discussed about the book a little. I absolutely loved this book and would recommend it to everyone.

3rd meeting of 2010 : Feb - Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Sadly, I didn't read this book because I was planning my move to Vietnam and was busy packing and prepareing for the daparture which turned out to be a total waste of time. At this meeting, if I'm remembering correctly, Susan, Sandra, Shanna, and Dana were present, I was not going to be present because I had something going on but I did arrive towards the end of the meeting..

4th meeting of 2010 : March 28th - Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan
Not everyone finished reading but we all were about half way through I think we all liked the stories though they were depressing. We talked about different parts of the world where similar things were happening and about the book and other stuff. The people present at the meeting were Susan, Sandra, Shanna, Jill, Bernadette and me.

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment