Tuesday, March 30, 2010

latest news and updates...

I know I haven't been keeping up with this blog much lately but I do have my reasons and a good one too.. so bare with me folks.

Anyhow, I also do hope that our book group members actually stop by our group blog to look at things and post things there as well.

So, we had our February meeting and March meetings and it all went swell.
Our latest meeting, March 28th, was an absolutely brilliant meeting for me especially because I've been going through a crappy time lately and book meetings always brightens my day just because I'm with the people I love and we share a common love towards reading and books in general.

Back to the meeting...
We had a great talk.. though it wasn't all about the book itself because not all of us had finished it, me included. However, we all  seemed to like the book.. or was it just me that got that impression? I'm definitely going to be done with it within this week.. just one more story to go.. So, we sat around a big oval table drinking our coffee and eating our brunch.. we talked of future readings, the book of the meeting, and other interesting issues and whatnot. Then as we always do like a ritual we all headed towards Kyobo bookstore and talked of books, books, and more books. We hung around young adult section for some time and reminisced of the times when we used to read "Harriet the Spy" "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" and all those lovely children's book you read growing up... and we came across a book that I absolutely WANT!!! "1001 Children's Book You Must Read Before You Grow Up" it was way over my budget so I had to hold back the temptation to buy... UGH! I hate it when that happens but oh well... So, we had our little ritual got our next book and headed out to go home and meet friends. I was a great ending for our meeting as always...

Ok. Here are the books we read but I haven't posted about them.. don't kill me but hopefully it won't happen again.

After Disgrace the first of 2010 meeting.. we read "The Painted Veil" "Wicked" & " Say You're One of Them" (Why do I get always mixed up with 'Say you're one of us' all the time? anyways, that's beside the point) We're now reading "Sea of Poppies" by Amitav Ghosh and we'll be meeting on the 18th of April.

HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment