Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Politically Incorrect!

I just heard on the radio yesterday that using 'couch potato' would be politically incorrect!
Now, by hearing this, the only thing I could think of was what the hell is the world turning into?

Apparently, what happened was that the British farmer's believe that the word 'couch potato' is harming the image of potatoes. And they want the word to be struck from the Oxford English Dictionary.

Now what image could a potato have.
I mean seriously!!!!

Don't they have better things to do? - like SELLING them!
I mean how could a word damage an image of a potato?
I can't think of anyway of doing it.
And believe me I LOVE potatoes!!!
Even though I use the word 'couch potato'.

If you're interested in the story you can look it up in BBC news.
or just click on the title it's linked.

This is absurd!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha!!

    yeah man that is absurd.

    i still love my potatoes too, and munching on them while sitting on my couch.

    - couch potato chi(ps)

    ReplyDelete