Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Workplace: Paedea Plus

View of the Media Corner


I'm actually enjoying what I'm doing these day, not that I didn't enjoy teaching but this type of teaching is what I've been really aiming to do. I started off as a curriculum researcher and a developer for this academy last December and ended up teaching it this March.



So what am I doing these days?



kids love the pool area


Well, I'm teaching but also taking care of a library: we're a English library academy, where kids come and read and talk about what they've read.

We have Group Mentoring (GM) classes for lower levels and Book Club (BC) classes for upper levels: GMs are more comprehension bases and BCs are more discussion based.





Rather than reading all the classics we're concentrating on more contemporary works so that the kids become more interested in reading and learn through them. I truly believe that you learn a lot through reading and I've personally experienced it when I was learning English.




















We have  two section of the library and one is for BC and the other for GM. I still need to make the book organizing more easier and efficient for kids to find but besides that I think we have a pretty good thing going on.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I'm looking to relocate and teach in Korea in a few months. I was researching on Paedea and came across your blog. I would love to hear your thoughts on Paedea in comparison to other private schools. It looks like a great environment based on the information I was able to find. There are so many options out there and it's pretty difficult to break through the clutter on the forums. I hope to hear from you!

    Thanks!
    Jessica
    jessipaik@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You mentioned that you first started as a curriculum researcher and developer for Paedea. Can you tell me what your daily work responsibilities were and what you thought of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, great blog! I'm also looking into Paedea. I would also love to hear your thoughts on working at Paedea like Jessica & Jen above. How does it compare to other major hakwon I'm Seoul in terms of pay/benefits, work environment, quality of students,and management style.

    I would totally appreciate your two cents!I hope to hear from you!:)

    Tessa
    yutessa at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete