Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A letter from Minneapolis...

written on March 5th... soon after I received a letter from aunt Frances... it's been on my draft bin and I'm finally uploading it even though it's not complete.

I can't remember the last time I received an actual handwritten letter. It's been such a long time since I've posted a mail or received a personal letter that I've almost forgot what a joyous and pleasant feeling it is. As the world's technology is in such a race of developing little devices and getting messages to the other party in the least time and excess speed, the effort of writing a letter and putting a stamp on it and into the mail box had become obsolete.

I received a letter from aunt Frances, whom I'm starting to get to know. It's weird because I didn't really know about her until later and it's also kind of sad that we've never met. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet her soon though. I would love to meet her because first of all she's a writer and it's very thrilling to learn that there is someone who is into literature in my family. It's something I can relate to..

Aunt Frances with Dad (1982?)

No comments:

Post a Comment