Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Le Festin

This song became one of my favorite this year...
It just makes you want to waltz away...



- Le Festin -
sung by: Camille
lyrics by: Camille
music by: Michael Giacchino
album: Ratatouille OST (2007)

Les reves des amoureux sont comme le bon vin
Ils donnent de la joie ou bien du chagrin
Affaibli par la faim je suis malheureux
Volant en chemin tout ce que je peux
Car rien n'est gratuit dans la vie.

L'espoir est un plat bien trop vite consomme
A sauter les repas je suis habitue
Un voleur, solitaire, est triste a nourrir
A nous, je suis amer, je veux reussir
Car rien n'est gratuit dans la vie.

Jamais on ne me dira que la course aux etoiles, ca n'est pas pour moi
Laissez-moi vous emerveiller, prendre mon envol
Nous allons enfin nous rega...ler

La fete va enfin commencer
Et sortez les bouteilles, finis les ennuis
Je dresse la table, demain nouvelle vie
Je suis heureux a l'idee de ce nouveau destin
Une vie a me cacher, et puis libre enfin
Le festin est sur mon chemin
Une vie a me cacher et puis libre enfin
Le festin est sur mon chemin. . . .


The dreams of lovers are like good wine
They give joy or even sorrow
Weakened by hunger, I am unhappy
Stealing on my way everything I can
Because nothing in life is free.

Hope is a dish too soon finished
I am accustomed to skipping meals
A thief alone and hungry is sad enough to die
As for us, I am bitter, I want to succeed
Because nothing in life is free.

Never will they tell me that I cannot shoot for the stars
Let me fill you with wonder, let me take flight
We will finally fea...st

The party will finally start
And bring out the bottles, the troubles are over
I'm setting the table; tomorrow is a new life
I am happy at the idea of this new destiny
A life spent in hiding, and now I'm finally free
The feast is on my path
A life spent in hiding, and now I'm finally free
The feast is on my path. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment